TABLE OF CONTENTS
- How to fetch API details from Shopify for integration
- How to set up your Shopify store in Asaan Retail?
In this article we will cover:
- How to fetch API details from Shopify for integration?
- How to set up your Shopify Store in Asaan Retail?
How to fetch API details from Shopify for integration
To fetch details of API from Shopify:
Step 1: Log in to your Shopify account.
Step 2: Click on the Settings option at the bottom of left panel.
Step 3: In the settings window, scroll down and click on the ‘Apps and Sales Channel’ option.
Step 4: In the new window, click on the ‘Develop Apps’ button at the top-right corner.
Step 5: In the next window, click on the app you created for API integration or select ‘Create an app’.
Step 6: Enter the ‘App name’ and choose the ‘App developer’ (not important). Your new app will be ready!
Step 7: Navigate to ‘Configurations’ tab and select the option ‘Configure’ against the Admin API integration.
Step 8: Under the ‘Admin API Access Scope’ select all the access rights. Click Save. (In total: 64).
Step 9: Navigate to the tab ‘API Credentials’ and select ‘Install App’.
Step 10: Your ‘Admin API access token’ will be available.
⚠️Important: Select ‘Reveal Once’ option and copy your key and save it. It will not be visible ever again.
Step 11: Scroll down and note/copy your API key (not: API secret key).
How to set up your Shopify store in Asaan Retail?
Step-1: Log in to the Asaan Retail portal.
Step-2: Hover your cursor to the flyout menu on the left and click the settings icon.
Or you can access settings by typing Settings in the search bar on the top.
Step 3: In the new window, click on the Integrations tab.
Step 4: Scroll down and find the Shopify eCommerce panel. Click on the ‘Shopify’ panel.
Step 5: Step 5: In the pop-up window, enter your:
- Store Nickname - Mandatory
- API Details
- API URL
- API Key
- API Access Token
You can also turn on different Advanced features while integrating your Shopify store, such as:
- Push Fulfillment Status to Shopify - To update the order status in Shopify whenever the order status changes in Asaan Retail.
- Take Stock - To take stock from all your Asaan Retail locations/from a specific location (products will be exported from the location you provide). This feature is only applicable when stock will be synced.
- Option 1: 'All’ locations
Use Case - when you want to manage the Shopify products and their respective stocks from all locations/warehouses, regardless of where they are located.
- Option 2: ‘Certain’ locations
Use Case - when you want to manage the Shopify products and their respective stocks from certain locations/warehouses) -> Multi-select checkbox.
- Sync Stock to Shopify - It helps you automatically sync the inventory levels to Shopify after every 15 Minutes.
- Auto Import Orders from Shopify - To import orders from Shopify to Asaan Retail after every 15 Minutes.
- On the selected location
- Or, the default location
- Update Price on Shopify - To update the price on Shopify Store by making changes in Asaan Retail.
- On Import, Update Product on Asaan Retail - This feature helps users import products from Shopify, & on finding a similar SKU, the product details (name, price, description, etc) will be automatically updated on Asaan Retail.
You can also turn these Advanced features active later.
Step 6: After adding all your details and API attributes, click on Test Connection.
Step-7: Once you receive the ‘Connection Successful’ notification, proceed by clicking the save button.
Your Shopify store will be integrated successfully.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article